Sharing the Road with Bicycles
Many drivers don’t realize that bicyclists have all the same rights to the road that cars and trucks have. The Tennessee Comprehensive Driver’s License Manual states that a driver passing a bicycle should stay at least 3 feet away from the bicycle while passing. It is the law in Tennessee! The Manual also says that a driver should never attempt to pass between a bicycle and an oncoming vehicle on a two-lane road.
When drivers fail to abide by this law, serious personal injuries can happen. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident or wreck, you shouldn’t have to worry about all of the hassles of the insurance claims. We have helped thousands of Tennesseans after automobile accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and bicycle accidents. Our clients refer their friends and family members to us because we treat them like friends. We answer when our clients call. You can read over 200 reviews from former clients who left 5 star reviews by searching for us in Maps. We have helped people in all areas on Tennessee, including Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and the surrounding areas. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, here are a few things to note.
Get help from a medical doctor if you are hurting.
Take pictures of the the automobile accident scene.
Don’t give any statements to car insurance companies about how the bicycle accident happened or your injuries.
Check for video footage of the bicycle accident at any businesses that are near the bicycle accident scene.
If you were hurt in an automobile accident or car accident while riding a bicycle, know your rights and hold their insurance company accountable for all the damages that were caused. They should pay you for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future paychecks
- Diminished property value
- Loss of enjoying time with family and friends
- Permanent scarring
- Physical and emotional strain
What Happens When You Hire our personal injury law firm
You focus on healing; we do everything else. Our goal is to get your case resolved without you ever having to leave your home.
Benefits of Hiring a personal injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in an automobile accident or car accident while riding a bicycle, you are going through a very difficult process. Whether you hire a personal injury lawyer or not, the following things must be done for your case to be completed:
- Get the automobile accident or car accident report
- Interview witnesses and collect video footage
- Take pictures of damaged vehicles and injuries
- Coordinate payment of medical bills
- Find the right doctors to give proper medical treatment
- Collect medical records and bills in the proper format
- Locate all responsible insurance companies
- Evaluate your case and calculate a fair settlement value
- Settle claims with your health insurance company
- File a lawsuit before the deadline passes
If you want help from an experienced personal injury lawyer in Tennessee while you focus on healing, call or text us anytime. There is no up-front charge to start, and we work for free until we win!
Bicycle Accident Information & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Why we are the personal injury Law firm For You