Sharing the Road with Pedestrians
The Tennessee Comprehensive Driver’s License Manual states that pedestrians generally have the right of way at all intersections. The Manual also states that, regardless of the rules of the road or right-of-way, the law specifically requires drivers to exercise extreme caution to avoid striking pedestrians.
Get help from a medical doctor if you are hurting.
Take pictures of the the accident scene.
Don’t give any statements to car insurance companies about how the wreck happened or your injuries.
Check for video footage of the accident at any businesses that are near the accident scene.
If you were hurt by a careless driver while walking on a roadway, know your rights and hold their insurance company accountable for all the damages that were caused. They should pay you for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future paychecks
- Diminished property value
- Loss of enjoying time with family and friends
- Permanent scarring
- Physical and emotional strain
What Happens When You Hire Me
You focus on healing; I do everything else. My goal is to get your case resolved without you ever having to leave your home.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer
If you have been hurt in an accident, you are going through a very difficult process. Whether you hire a lawyer or not, the following things must be done for your case to be completed:
- Get the accident report
- Interview witnesses and collect video footage
- Take pictures of damaged vehicles and injuries
- Coordinate payment of medical bills
- Find the right doctors to give proper medical treatment
- Collect medical records and bills in the proper format
- Locate all responsible insurance companies
- Evaluate your case and calculate a fair settlement value
- Settle claims with your health insurance company
- File a lawsuit before the deadline passes
If you want experienced help with your case while you focus on healing, call or text me anytime. There is no up-front charge to start, and I work for free if we don’t win!
Pedestrian Accident Information & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Why I’m the Lawyer For You