Sharing the Road with Pedestrians
The Tennessee Comprehensive Driver’s License Manual states that pedestrians generally have the right of way at all intersections. The Manual also states that, regardless of the rules of the road or right-of-way, the law specifically requires drivers to exercise extreme caution to avoid striking pedestrians. If you have been hurt recently in an automobile accident or wreck, such as a car accident or truck accident while walking on the road, you probably have a lot of questions. An experienced personal injury lawyer can ensure that your rights are preserved so that you can focus on healing. We have helped thousands of Tennesseans who have been injured in automobile accidents, such as car accidents and trucking accidents. Many of our clients have been pedestrians. We help people who live in all parts of Tennessee, including Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and all the surrounding areas. You can read 5 star reviews from over 200 former clients by searching for WOODARD INJURY LAW in Maps. If you have just been hurt in an automobile accident, here are a few things to note.
Get help from a medical doctor if you are hurting.
Take pictures of the the automobile accident scene.
Don’t give any statements to car insurance companies about how the car wreck happened or your injuries.
Check for video footage of the car accident at any businesses that are near the car accident scene.
If you were hurt by a careless driver in an automobile accident or car accident while walking on a roadway, know your rights and hold their insurance company accountable for all the damages that were caused. They should pay you for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future paychecks
- Diminished property value
- Loss of enjoying time with family and friends
- Permanent scarring
- Physical and emotional strain
What Happens When You Hire our personal injury law firm
You focus on healing; we do everything else. Our goal is to get your case resolved without you ever having to leave your home.
Benefits of Hiring a personal injury Lawyer
If you have been hurt in an automobile accident or car accident, you are going through a very difficult process. Whether you hire a personal injury lawyer or not, the following things must be done for your case to be completed:
- Get the car accident report
- Interview witnesses and collect video footage
- Take pictures of damaged automobile, car or truck and your injuries
- Coordinate payment of medical bills
- Find the right doctors to give proper medical treatment
- Collect medical records and bills in the proper format
- Locate all responsible insurance companies
- Evaluate your case and calculate a fair settlement value
- Settle claims with your health insurance company
- File a lawsuit before the deadline passes
If you want an experienced personal injury lawyer in Tennessee to help with your case, call or text us anytime. There is no up-front charge to start, and we work for free until we win!
Pedestrian Accident Information & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Why we are the personal injury law firm For You