The First Days After Can Be the Hardest
If you have just been in a car accident or automobile wreck, you are probably feeling a lot of stress. You weren’t planning to be out of work and without a vehicle. If you were hurt, the stress is probably 10 times worse. With the right personal injury lawyer, you can focus on healing instead of dealing with the auto and health insurance companies and medical bills. An experienced personal injury attorney understands the problems you are facing and can help you put your life back to the way it was before the accident. We have been helping the victims of car accidents in Tennessee, from Nashville to Memphis to Knoxville to Chattanooga and all surrounding areas since 2005. In the most simplest of terms, you should take the following steps after a car accident or automobile wreck in Tennessee:
Get help from a medical doctor if you are hurting.
Take pictures of the damaged vehicles and the accident scene.
Don’t give any statements to car insurance companies about how the wreck happened or your injuries.
Tell the car insurance company to give you a rental car while your car is being repaired.
What Happens When You Hire a Personal Injury lawyer or attorney
You focus on healing; We do everything else. Our goal is to get your case resolved without you ever having to leave your home.
Warnings About Car Insurance Companies
- Some car insurance companies will send very small settlement offers immediately after a car accident, hoping to take advantage of the financially stressful time that you are experiencing. These offers are almost never a fair deal.
- Some car insurance companies try to use your pre-existing medical conditions against you. If it sounds unfair to you, don’t accept their offer.
- Even if the car accident wasn’t your fault, your car insurance company should help you get a rental car and your car fixed immediately. Some car insurance companies tell their clients that the at-fault person should pay for it. That is only partly true. You should use your car insurance to get your car fixed quickly and they will go after the at-fault person’s insurance company for a reimbursement.
- Many car insurance companies try to discount what they pay for medical bills. If you have a 10,000.00 dollar medical bill, they need to pay the full bill, not a cheaper amount. Don’t accept their offer.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal injury Lawyer In Tennessee
If you have been hurt in a car accident or automobile wreck, you are going through a very difficult process. Whether you hire a personal injury lawyer or not, the following things must be done for your case to be completed:
- Interview witnesses who saw the car accident and collect video footage
- Take pictures of damaged cars from the car accident scene
- Coordinate payment of medical bills
- Find the right doctors to give proper medical treatment
- Collect medical records and bills in the proper format
- Locate all responsible car or automobile insurance companies
- Evaluate your case and calculate a fair settlement value
- Settle claims with your health insurance company
- File a lawsuit before the deadline passes
- Get the car accident report
Do you want help from an experienced personal injury lawyer with your car accident or automobile accident case in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis, or any of the surrounding areas in Tennessee? If so, call us now so that you can focus on healing. There is no up-front charge to start, and we work for free until we win!
Car Accident Information & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Why we are the personal Injury Law firm For You